Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Mother says...

Throughout the centuries, mothers have given their kids plenty of good advice and notable quotes. Here's just a small sampling:
Paul Revere's mom
"I don't care where you think you have to go, young man. Midnight is waaaay past your curfew!"

Mona Lisa's mom

"After all the money your father and I spent on braces, Mona, that's the biggest smile you can give us?"

Humpty Dumpty's mom

"Humpty, if I've told you once, I've told you a gazillion times not to sit on that wall. But would you listen to me? Nooooo!"

Columbus's mom "I don't care what you discovered Christopher. You still could've written!"

Babe Ruth's mom

"Babe, how many times have I told you- quit playing ball in the house! That's the third window broken this week!"

Michelangelo's mom

"Mike, can't you paint on walls like other children? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get those stuff off the ceiling?"

Abraham Lincoln's mom

"Again wiht the stivepipe hat, Abe? Can't just wear a baseball cap like other kids?"

Barney's mom

"I realise strained plums are your favourite, Barney, but you're starting to look a lil purple."

Mary's mom "I'm not upset your lamb followed you to school, but would you like to explain how he got a better grade than you?"

Goldilock's mom

"I've got a bill for a busted chair from the Bear family, Goldie. You know anything 'bout this?"

Batman's mom

"It's a nice car, Bruce. But do you realise how much the insurance is gonna be?''

Albert Einstein's mom

"But Al berrt, it's your senior picture. Can't you do something about your hair? Styling gel, mousse, something...?"

Superman's mom

"Clark, your father and I have discussed it, and we've decided you can have your own telephone line. Now will you quit spending so much time in all those phoone booths?"

Thomas Edison's mom
"Of course, I'm proud that you invented the electric lightbulb, Thomas. Now turn off that light and get to bed!"
And finally..
MY MOM
"Tomorrow is your competition/exam and I'm expecting you to do well blah blah blah"

No comments:

Post a Comment